Holtec International’s subsidiaries completed the ownership transfer and acquisition of the Oyster Creek Generating Station from Exelon Generation today.
Holtec Has Reached an Agreement with Entergy to Acquire Indian Point Energy Center After the Last of the Three Reactors Shuts Down
We are pleased to announce that Entergy Corp. (NYSE: ETR) has agreed to sell the subsidiaries that own Indian Point Units 1, 2, and 3, located in Buchanan, N.Y., to a Holtec International subsidiary for decommissioning.
Effective March 25th, Kelly Trice will join CDI as president of the organization. Mr. Trice brings thirty years of executive management for multibillion-dollar engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) projects that span both power generation and nuclear decommissioning.
Entergy Corp. and Holtec International, through their affiliates, asked the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to approve the sale of the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station to Holtec after shutdown. Holtec plans to complete decommissioning and site restoration decades sooner than if Entergy completed decommissioning.
Combining our skills to fully decommission nuclear plants within eight years is not only a win for companies like ours, but a win for communities and the entire nuclear industry. It demonstrates a commitment to safely remediate nuclear sites in a timely and responsible manner.
Holtec International to Acquire Pilgrim and Palisades Sites from Entergy after their Reactors Shutdown
The sales include the transfer of the licenses, spent fuel, and Nuclear Decommissioning Trusts, as well as the site of the decommissioned Big Rock Point Nuclear Power Plant near Charlevoix, Michigan, where only the Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installation remains.
- Letter to the Editor: Sale Of Indian Point Is Welcome News [Patch] – Nov. 30, 2020
- Indian Point reactor to be shut down permanently [Westfair Communications] – Apr. 29, 2020
- Entergy’s Indian Point Unit 2 to Shut Down Permanently [Entergy Newsroom] – Apr. 29, 2020
- Indian Point Unit 2 to shut down permanently [Mid Hudson News] – Apr. 29, 2020
- Nuclear Plants Donate Masks and More to Help Pandemic Relief Efforts [NEI] – Mar. 31, 2020
- Holtec underscores transparency at US plants [World Nuclear News] – Mar. 20, 2020